How Safe Is Self-Driving?

 



Is Self-Driving Safe?


On one of my first blogs, I talked about Tesla and the future of electric cars. One thing, as many of you know, that comes with Tesla vehicles is self-driving. Self-driving is a form of A.I. assisted driving that is rare in vehicles, but common in Teslas. While at first seems something quite interesting, it has raised many questions in the past and continues to raise even more questions.
   
One of the biggest questions I had when first learning about this is what is the driver going to do. Along with this, we have seen many cases where the drivers have fallen asleep while their autopilot was on. This is very dangerous especially when in a situation where self-driving is still new and constantly in development.

What do you guys think about self-driving?

As of right now with the current technology that we have, I do not support full self-driving. I don't think we have the technological advancements yet for driverless vehicles. I do like the idea of assisted driving. I wouldn't mind being able to take my hands off the wheel when driving down a straight highway, that type of assisted driving doesn't bother me.
I am not a fan of the idea of cars that are fully self-driving yet, but maybe shortly we will have the technology where those types of cars are feasible, but until then I will stick to driving myself.

-Max Hall




Sources:
https://www.synopsys.com/automotive/what-is-autonomous-car.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reducing the Energy Waste

Want to go on a cruise ship, think again

Ocean Fish Stock by Aaron Hoffman