Want to go on a cruise ship, think again

       


  

   As well as a lot of other people, I enjoy a nice relaxing day on the water. Some people decide to take a weeks worth of days on the water. Including a boat, food, and entertainment. Cruise ships are some what of a luxury with the fancy dinners every night. Swimming pools and massive halls for shows and people to perform. Not to forget some even have places to throw cards and gamble.

In recent study’s, cruise ships are found to be a major contributor to the growth of on water environmental pollution and degradation. This is also due to the ever so increasing amount of people taking cruises along with the industry booming in the way that it did. The recent popularity before COVID-19 had researchers interested. So they did a few study’s and found out the information above. Other dangers that cruise ships might present is potential danger to passengers/staff physical and mental health including land-based residents who live close to the port. 

Some crazy things that happen when a cruise ship travels is a 7 day voyage on an Antarctic cruise can produce the same amount of Co2 as an the average European does in a year. That’s ridiculous to think about how destructive something meant to relax us as humans is. I’m not saying cruises are bad or aren’t fun but make sure you know what your signing up for and plan accordingly.


https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/09/210928193815.htm




Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading your post, really made me think again about wanting to go on a cruise. Theres alot of stuff that I did not know at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your post. I have never wanted to go on a cruise ship, and you gave me even more reasons to not go on a cruise ship. I never knew how damaging they were to the environment. I also liked your example of risking environmental health for a few days of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought of cruises as an amazing way to see multiple places and explore for a very reasonable price. I have never thought about the impact that it has on the environment or how it pollutes the ocean. I guess like many cost effective things its not beneficial for the environment that we live in. I think the fun that cruise ships are help hide the negative effects of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never even realized that cruises produced so much co2. I had always thought that the downside of them was the waste they produced. Do you know if they release waste into the oceans? Is littering a problem as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your post, I have been on a couple of cruises in my life, but after reading your post I do not want to go on another cruise, since it is such a waste for the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was really informative and good. I have always wanted to go on a cruise but have never thought about what they might be doing to the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I think of a cruise ship, I think of having fun and a good time. I never would have thought about what it is doing to the air. This blog is pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn’t realize how much harm a cruise can truly cause. A cruise ship didn’t really pass my mind when thinking of a big contributor to pollution.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed reading this post. I had no idea that cruise ships were that harmful to the environment and caused that many issues! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reducing the Energy Waste

Ocean Fish Stock by Aaron Hoffman